The long abandoned riding school space at Walton Hall and Gardens was brought back to life as a public event space back in 2017.
The building was constructed in the latter part of the 19th century and consisted of stables and equestrian training facilities. After the sale of the Walton Estate to the council in 1938, the building was used to house ancillary fire engines, while troops were billeted in the stables during World War II. After the war, the building was used for storage by estate workers and slowly fell into neglect, becoming unsafe for use.
However since its restoration in 2017, The Stables has hosted monthly artisan markets, cinema nights, indoor ice skating and food festivals, proving to be a valuable space for the public to use and enjoy as part of the wider estate.